Sunday, September 20, 2009

Update from D.C.

So I am at the end of one week here in D.C. Started work on Monday and had a very busy week. I am doing a lot of work with mail. It is very interesting getting to know what the major issues are up here and also what Congressman Thornberry's stand on them are. I have also gotten to do some Capitol tours and that is one of my favorite things to do (when I am working that is). It is a great privilege to work in the seat of power for what is one of the most powerful nations in the history of the world. I love getting to meet new people and talk with them. I did get to go to a briefing on Afghanistan. That was really cool. Please, in the fog of all the huge things that are happening here at home, don't lose sight of all the other issues that are really vital to this world all over the rest of the world. Afghanistan needs to be in our prayers. But don't ignore the domestic issues either. We are at a crossroads. We can continue down this path of increased government control or we can take a stand and say that we will not allow for this to happen in our time. I am really blessed in who my roommates are. They are really great guys/gals and we really getting to know each other. A couple of us are looking for a church right now. So if you could keep Kayla, Billy and me in your prayers as we do that I would be grateful. So that is about it. I am going to sign off for right now and do some other stuff. If you want to here more you can go read my blog. There is a link to it on my facebook. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment