Sunday, November 22, 2009

So it has been a while since my last post and while nothing dramatic has happened so much has changed. It is all the subtle ways that God chooses to work in our lives that really shape who we are. The day to day living defines who we are more than the major events or roadmarks. Don't get me wrong those roadmarks are important but I've learned to focus instead on taking life step by step and remembering that today is all that I have and I must make the most of it what I can.
My growth in D.C. has been slow and in subtle ways. For the first little bit up here I became very much a cynic, not trusting the establishment and people in general. While my belief regarding the proper structure of government has not changed I believe my attitude and perception has changed. It is hard to remain an idealist in a place where the reality of life is so pronounced. But God has taught me to have faith, to trust in Him and rest with confidence in the knowledge that His will will be done. There are big changes going on up here. I've said before that we are at a crossroads and the decision made in the next few months will shape the course of our nation. That hasn't changed and the decision is now before us. The question before us in whom shall we rely. Is our hope going to rest in the government or in God, that is the question before us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment