Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My first blog, sorta

So this would be my first blog if I hadn't already written one about a story that my roommates told me. In reality none of that was my writing. I was just the scribe. So I am sitting here sipping on a glass a wine, in my smoking jacket, with my pipe in front of the fireplace in a comfortable high-back chair. My hound dog, Sir Winston, is lying at my feet savoring the warmth emanating from the glowing coals. I am currently residing at 202 East Capitol Street NE in Washington D.C. I work in the House Office Buildings for Congressman Mac Thornberry of Texas. It is very stimulating work. My days are filled with important phone calls and even more important letters. It is my job to make sure that all these correspondences make it to the proper authority. Without me the office would fall apart. I and the people like me are the mortar that hold the stones of the Capitol together, we make government possible. Ok, enough of the malarkey. I am an intern working for Thornberry in his office. I do answer phones and work with letters. But I am certain that if I were not there they would do just fine. I am enjoying my experience though. Even the mundane stuff is in its own way interesting. I mean stuffing letters isn't exactly exhilarating but as I stuff I read the letters and get a better grasp of the issues, the constituent's feelings and Mac's views on them. So I am here for 12 weeks and I am looking forward to it. Maybe you'll here more from me this semester, if time and my faulty memory allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment